To the other side



A fanged bird throws a sharp cry
And then they go, “My oh my.”
When I step and crush the leaves so dry
Then they say, “Don’t you even give a try.”
A bee, as big as me, buzzes past
And then they say, “Let’s see how long you last.”
But was the bee that big?
And was the bird shouting or trying to sing?
And then they say, “Oh! No, he’s been possessed.
The spirit is pulling him towards its nest.
Someone pull him out of his track.
Do it fast before he can’t be brought back.”

A group of people try to hunt me
Why should I be chained, when I want to be free.
All I want is to listen to the chirps
To ride some tigers, do some Tarzan flips 
And use some leafy herbs.

Stopping me from watching the sunrise
Halting my will to make me ‘wise’
Surrounding me in a wall of lies
But what can stop a spine of this size?

Why would you go in?
For the souls of the trees are mean.
Enter and get mixed with the air
Listen to us; why would you not care?
See how the leaves are hung
The tree lets them fall only when
It has squeezed both of their lungs.
Do you want to hang yourself among the leaves?
And be trapped among the trees?

Despite of all, I seep through that wall
Listening and following my mind’s call
Now I understand how the apples fall
Why the Atlas are short and the Himalayas so tall
But as I look behind to see my excavation
Wishing if they had learned some lesson
I see the real ghosts barb-wiring that dam
Tearing up those like me as a wolf shreds a lamb.

My head on my hands 
I watch the scene in distress
But I see a few who
Are escaping from that mess
So should I now break that wall 
And let them behold
Or just walk away
And let them remain in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment