Faulty glasses


What fun did I miss
Surely I can make a long list
The dance, the buffet’s fish
The flowers, the smiles, and the final kiss.

Maybe not the same man and woman
But I will experience the same joy
A crockery set for the groom and bride, in my ride
And for the little one, should I take a toy?

They would detest me for missing
Their moment of love
And loathe me for missing
The time when their lives had wove

So our bond was not a thick rope after all
But just a piece of thread
Strong enough to strangle me, though
And tie me in a bag of their hatred.

What if they ignore me when I’m there,
And what if my presence makes them do no care,
Would even my sight not be bared,
Would my apology not be enough for that pair?
No, they would not poison my drink
But what if they don’t let our glasses to clink
My ride runs slow and my heart has sunk
Would they now treat me as a piece of junk?

Getting off my car, with the gift on my left
I then wonder where the bouquet was kept
The first glance I get,
And you’ll laugh I bet
How sorcerous was that date
Is this a trick or is this my fate
That I see the very couple who on seeing me
Would fill their eyes with hate.

The time had come
Of which my mind had utmost fears
Would this meeting bring a load of jeers
Or a few joyous tears?

My mind and my heart 
Stopped to work in tandem
As if a judge would strike the mallet
And pronounce “Hang him!”
My mind got clogged up
When my heart wanted to speak
Would this speech put me in further tension
Or give me a much needed relief?
Gathering some courage 
And filling myself with belief
I thought of planting a few words
And hence I opened my mouth so stiff.

As I was about to acknowledge my failure
Mockingly she asks
“Where were you on our wedding?
And why is your face so guilt-masked?”
He then laughs and hugs me
And in my ears he whispers
“Don’t worry about that, my brother.
You must have been busy or in some way, bothered”

The dark cloud on top of me
Vanishes in an instant
With a smile on my mind and on my face
Waiting for me, I see other two in a distant.

So what would I’ve missed
Surely this long list makes a hiss
Obviously the dance, and maybe the buffet’s fish
The flowers, the smiles and the final kiss.

With the guilt-trip long gone
And with my mood turned on
I congratulate the bride and the groom
But now I start to ponder
If that feeling went over not so yonder
Or did I just enter the well of doom?

No comments:

Post a Comment