High Hopes


Although I am away now
I hope I will be back
The rope has not broken yet
And hope it won’t remain slack.

Silence creeps in every minute
But big wheels rolling everywhere
Balcony and terrace is all I visit
With crisps that I can’t share.
Laughing with me is all I do
And maybe greet a guy or two
After washing myself and those of mine
The watch chimes, and reruns the time.

Although the color is fading
I hope I paint it again
Although the rope is thorny
I hope I can bear the pain

Although spring is coming soon
I hope autumn never came
Although I might be back some day
I hope everything remains the same.

Turning to chapter 24
I settle and begin my works
Letting more light in the room
The obscured sun slowly lurks
Echoes of celestial voices
Command me to think something else
I was fearless back there
Could squeeze through narrow ways
Wishing I was there
I realize I am now poles apart
To avoid the ever-blaring bikes
I stop my work and have my cigar.

Although I see the same moon
I can’t understand the birds here
Although my watch runs slow
I hope it speeds up this year

Although I miss my mama
I can’t meet her now
And if I get all that I hope
I would fly high and dout.

No comments:

Post a Comment