Lacustrine woes


The sun was down,
A glorious sunset.
Glasses were empty,
Shoes were wet.
Wind was colder,
Changing of seasons.
The sound of waves
Was really pleasing.

The sun was set,
Beauty was timeless.
No one around,
To listen to the silence.
Then a blue mermaid,
Came hopping by.
Told many sad stories,
About her life.
She said, all her fish friends are in prison.
Live with me for a day, and try to listen.
What is peace,
What is freedom?
Will it be the fishes
Or will it be the demons?

The sun rises,
Memories fade away.
What did the dreams convey?
Walking by the road,
I suddenly realize.
Are we people, really civilized?
Is life behind bars, only prison?
I don't think so, can’t reason .
Until now I thought, I was a freeman
But I guess, inside we all are demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment