The Beauteous


It’s nine o’clock
And I’m at the stop
Waiting to see you
I know I’ll see you there
But even this minute sundering is not fair
For watching you is all I do
But when you pass by in that white scooter everyday
You look too pretty is all I can say.

It’s the end of the third lesson
And probably you're in some other session
Waiting to shoot some hoops
I can hear the noise outside
Anticipating our meeting, I sighed
I realized I’d watch your game soon.
For when the sweat oils up your face as you play
You look too pretty is all I can say.

The lips seemed more roseate
To inhale this vibrancy the eyes didn’t shut
But they wanted some more
Even her voice that echoed,
And that fleeting smile she showed
Was enough only to aggravate my sore
But when those eyes outshone the sun today
You looked too pretty is all I can say.

Now that you are done playing
And I would never stop saying
If you could spare some time for me
Despite my myriad efforts
And this gives me no comfort
You every time seem to disagree
So let me tell you one more time, if I may
You look too pretty is all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment