Blue Reminders

Wandered (off) from my home one day
Singing this lonely song
Walked for three months, but still
Found none who would sing along
And I say that sun, it reminds me of my home
Of the place where I played, and where it brightly shone.

Reached a town a bit far away
Played my song there as well
A pretty girl cheering (for me) in the front row
How could I possibly fail?
And I say that girl, she reminds me of my babe
The things I tried to give, she wouldn't just take

Crossed the infamous Jabbersville on my way
Wailed out of my entire chest
A sigh here, a sigh there
All those cold mouths given no rest
And I say those sighs, they remind of the day
When I left my babe, to sharpen and spread my play

Met a blonde, her face bright as day
Her smile dripping honey
As I plucked a string and closed my eyes
She ran away with all of my money
And I say that smile, it reminds me of that feel
Embarrassment in public, back in Jabbersville

I worked on my words, I had my say
Sore throat didn't hurt with my guitar in my hand
Now I wish someone would just
Return me to my homeland
And I say this song, it reminds me of my friend
Of that stern joke that didn't properly end.

No comments:

Post a Comment