The Day We Left


None were any difference
None jumbled in ignorance
Revering the bright side
Shunning the dark
Wasn't even in existence

The peace that the soul brought
That path in all the thoughts
Inner burning fire with
The power to descend deep
Enough to survive for the lot

Blurred is the path vision
So I went far and wide
Gathering evidence, enough reason
Into the random, I take my stride
And I spoke what my mind told
It wanted to know why rivers flew down
The mark on the page, a small fold
Still a way out of this crowded town

These friends were the closest
Before one's mind started to mould it
The penance to that void
Digging up the self
When he thought wandering out was best

Roads start to drift apart
The realisation came by somewhat
Burning and looting
Booting and re-routing
None actually returned to the start

Eyes worship the sun
When it does nothing but burn
Wisdom turns lean
Black and mean
Tell me, how could he learn?

Now it's time to rise high
A step at a time to that cave
Where I think hungry lions pass by
But there lies the union I crave
I may remember him in peace
In war I may shout
After the day, when we had left them
It was the day when we were left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment