Black Pack


He carries a small black pack
The bag creeps onto him on his back

When he leaves his home
He turns back, checks all around his room
For leftovers,
That crack you up when the time slips
But if you can duly respond
You saved yourself a load of misery.

And when he heads to the road
He has got the black sack’s hold
Because somethings are got to be there
In the bag.
This is why his soul lies
Within the bag.

When he recluses himself from his residence
Flowing and rolling in independence
The black bag was always clenching his shoulders
It saw what he could not
He didn’t know what was there or what will be
He should not
But the black bag understands that well and it was there with him
Deepening its roots through and within
Now he can’t take it off, he thinks it’s a sin.

What else does the bag unfold?
Not the warm lunch as always
Or the unturned books that went cold
Though there was nothing to be bought or sold
Even if the void inside made it easier to hold
The black straps caught him and hardened
Forever.

You are lucky, so am I
I scream in the air, and as I sigh
I feel black arms clasping my shoulders
To send me there before I die.

Can he ever get away from the grasp?
Without the bag, he’s a clock without the hands,
He becomes a tourist without a map
He said, today I left my bag home
Then he unzipped the chain, took out his phone.

1 comment: