Hunger highlights


The feel of hunger
Every second growing stronger
See a well furnished plate
Of juicy, pulpy, thinly sliced flesh
A piece of excellence.
But this sense of being tensed
The appearance of an unseen fence
Which doesn’t let me through
To take a taste of this brew.
Surrounded by a strange crew
Pulls me back despite my elaborate struggle
Can’t find my way out
A cryptic solution to this trouble.
This diamond-coated air bubble
In each of my tries, I tumble.
So he wants to draw some of the aroma, they mumble.

Got stamped a price
Advised to take a disguise
And not to take the easier route at least
But go round the path
That leads to the Grand Budapest
My bag has my dissolved conceit
The journey for that sublime taste
From which I cannot forfeit.
The pride that bounded to forbid
Making deals with the payee
When I just wanted the recipe

Crawling, walking, turning to sprint
The beak leads to the scene
Which the eyes had not seen.
Fulfillment of the appetite to peck
And nibble the vittles so grandly made.
So comfortable, served right to the bed 
On and on I avidly sled
Thanked them from whom I was fed

Turned around for the light was low
The gut was filled, the pace was slow
Got the digging, got the blow
But was this just the backstage,
Or the highlight of the show?

No comments:

Post a Comment