When I Let Her Go


When I let her go
I didn't really know
How much I would miss her
Slowly as she became out of sight
I also slowly forgot
Why I had to dismiss her

I guess she grew faster than me
Became old and faded fast
Her heavy eyes, fulfilled, may be with tears
But she would say me nothing
Wouldn't show me her face
Giving me the eye-aches, sharp and severe

The dust in front of my eyes
Contaminates them, red and sore
Still invisible to my range
She still had her face
Turned back and away
Even the fire in my eyes didn't change

I begged her to face me
Face my love, my determination
For once I think she began to turn
I saw her face, oh holy grace
I couldn't recognize her
My burning eyes could never learn

Today when I was with my friends
I saw her again
Happy to see me the way I was
But now I know
Why I couldn't identify her that day
I wasn't who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment